• The Foundation helped to finance the extension of a primary school in Ambalavao
• This year, the promotion award for final year students was created and given to students from the agricultural college in Ambalavao and the National School for Public Administration.
- With a view to the sustainability of the school canteen at the first “Life Centre” established in Djinina, the Foundation’s first revenue generating activities were implemented by village communities in the area.
The first “Life Centre” was built in the village of Tondikoirey, around 20kms from Niamey, meeting the goal criteria set out by the Foundation.
- A “Life Centre” dedicated to schooling was built in Lowo, in the Savalou district.
- A module of three classrooms was given to the commune of Ladji, on the outskirts of Cotonou, to mark the 20th anniversary of BOA-BENIN.
- An 80-bed dormitory was built to enhance the capacity of the Perma CEG school for girls in hardship in Natitingou
In Benin, Burkina-Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Madagascar, Mali, Niger and Senegal
As in the previous year, in partnership with BOA Group banking subsidiaries, the Foundation organised the “Everyone to school” scheme, the principle of which is for participating banks to grant their customers loans specifically designed to pay for children’s school fees, and to donate part of the interest generated on the loans back to the Foundation.
This donation has enabled the Foundation to distribute more than 500,000 exercise books to thousands of students in need this year.
Together, these interventions total almost €460,000.